New Webinar: COVID-19 & Student Homelessness
Supporting Students in Temporary Housing — COVID-19 Resources for Schools and Families
Friday, March 27, 2020
10:00 am – 11:00 am
Students in temporary housing face unique challenges in response to COVID-19. Schools and social service providers need up-to-date information about supports that are available for students and their families. This webinar will provide an opportunity for school staff and community based service providers to share their questions, discuss current concerns and learn about best practices. The webinar will also offer informational resources, links and tools that schools can share to meet students’ needs. We will discuss access to free school meals during school closures, strategies to support school access, updates about public benefits, and more.
The webinar is designed for all professionals working with school-age children and youth in New York State.
Handouts from 03/27/20 Webinar:
– 03/27/20 Powerpoint Slides (PDF)
– NY State Education Dept Guidance on Coronavirus
– NYS-TEACHS’ Tips for McKinney-Vento Liaisons: COVID-19
– SchoolHouse Connection: COVID-19 Virtual Conversation and Q&A
– Joint Guidance from the Juvenile Law Center, The Hope Center, and SchoolHouse Connection: Beyond the Food Pantry: COVID-19 Response for Students Who are Homeless or With Experience in Foster Care