Devices, iPads, Internet Connectivity Issues
- If students in your shelter have no connectivity or limited connectivity on iPads, fill out this Shelter Data Service Issues Survey.
- Priority Shelter Support Hotline: (718) 935-5108
- Getting started with an iPad and software updates
- Requesting an iPad
- Enter a technical support ticket with the IT Service Desk
- General technical support
NYC Schools Account (NYCSA)
Get schedule, attendance, busing, report cards and more!
- Creating an account and sign in here
- To get a creation code for a student, contact your child’s school using Find a School or the Students in Temporary Housing (STH) Regional Manager.
- Parents can get route info by signing in to NYC School Account (NYCSA)
- Call 311 or email BusingExceptions@schools.nyc.gov
- Busing health and safety protocols available here.
- For students in temporary doubled-up situations who need busing, fill out an Exceptions Request.
- MetroCards for parents in temporary housing to accompany their children (3K-6th grade) to school are available from the school.
- Schools can request parent MetroCards by emailing email@example.com.
Shelter Transfers and the School Proximity Project
- Parents can request a shelter transfer to be closer to their children’s school. Families will be transferred if there is an appropriate unit available. To request a transfer, contact the case manager or shelter director.
- For more information, call NYS-TEACHS 800-388-2014.
Learning Bridges: free childcare
- Priority given to children in temporary housing
- Available for 3-k-8th graders
- Must be participating in blended learning (not available to students doing fully remote instruction)
- Application available here.
- Family Welcome Centers are closed but staff are working remotely. Email them for help.
High School Equivalency programs
- Call the Referral Center Hotline: 718-577-2525
- Visit Pathways to Graduation (P2G)
Early Childhood: Early Learn, Head Start, 3-K, Pre-K
- Outreach Team Main Number: (718) 935-2009
- Bronx: Katherine Rodriguez, KRodriguez73@schools.nyc.gov
- Brooklyn: Andrea Dawes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queens: Jimmy Li, JLi4@schools.nyc.gov
- Manhattan/Staten Island: OutreachTeam@schools.nyc.gov
Translation and Interpretation Supports
- General questions: SpecialEducation@schools.nyc.gov
- Transition to Kindergarten: Turning5@schools.nyc.gov
- Related Services: RelatedServices@schools.nyc.gov
- Call the Special Education Hotline at 718-935-2007
- Special Education Learn at Home Resources
Grab and Go Meals
- Meals for students doing remote learning available from schools 9am-12pm on school days
- Meals for adults available 3-5pm at Meal Hubs.
- For local info about food pantries, see Coronavirus NYC Neighborhood Food Resource Guides
- Students in Temporary Housing Staff: bit.ly/STHStaff
- STH Regional Managers
- Rahul Patel, (D 13, 23), email@example.com, 718-295-4105
- Wayne Harris (D 14, 15, 16, 19, 32), firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-935-3562, 917-861-4809 (m)
- Charlene Mitchell (D 17), email@example.com, 718-758-7722, 929- 232-0132 (m)
- Fahmeeda Saleem (D 18, 20, 21, 22), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staten Island
- Fahmeeda Saleem (D 31), email@example.com, 718-758-7722, 929-232-0132 (m)
More questions? Give us a call.
If you have a question, call the NYS-TEACHS Infoline at 800-388-2014.