Students are entitled to immediate enrollment in school, even if they don't have their immunization records or any other documentation needed for enrollment. It is the responsibility of the enrolling district to get the records, including immunization records, from the district where the student was last enrolled. The district where the student was last enrolled has five days to forward the records. If a student in temporary housing is missing any immunizations, the student should be referred to the district's McKinney-Vento liaison who must help the student obtain the necessary immunizations.
Icon for FAQs. Blue diamond with question mark bubble.

Have questions about this topic?